Fayette Chamber COVID19 Update
Posted: March 17, 2020
To all Chamber members:
The Fayette Chamber of Commerce and our Board of Directors take the health and safety of our communities very seriously.
With the growing number of cases confirmed in Georgia, it is prudent that we be prepared and ready to deal with the situation equipped with the facts. While there is still much to learn about this virus, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Georgia Department of Health and Human Services (DPHHS) are all excellent resources that businesses and families can turn to when looking for more information on the virus.
Beginning Monday, March 16, Chamber staff will be working remotely; therefore our office building will be closed to all visitors. We will notify our members about the upcoming committee meetings and programs as they occur. We will continue to assess internal operations on a weekly basis and will work to reschedule external meetings personnel in doing their jobs consistently and effectively.
The safety of our community, membership, and staff is the top priority for the Chamber, and we will continue to monitor the ever-changing situation and be providing additional information and resources on our dedicated webpage,
Please don’t hesitate to reach out if we can provide further resources for you during this time. Together we will get through this challenge.
The Fayette Chamber encourages businesses to prepare for the impacts of COVID-19 transmission in the United States. Below are various resources for your business and our community.
Resources for reopening your business:
- GA Department of Economic Development:
- GA Department of Labor/Office of the Governor: Joint press release: Filing for Unemployment
- OSHA: Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19 (New!)
- Center for Disease Control (CDC):
- National Retail Federation:
- Retail Industry Leaders Association: Open for Business - A Blueprint for Shopping Safe (New!)
- American Alliance of Museums: Considerations for Museum Reopenings (New!)
- BOMA International: Getting Back to Work: Preparing Buildings for RE-Entry Amid COVID-19 (New!)
- Cushman & Wakefield: Recover Readiness - A How-To Guide For Reopening Your Workplace (New!)
- American Hotel & Lodging Association: Enhanced Industry-Wide Hotel Cleaning Standards (New!)
- Small Business Administration (SBA):
- PPP Loan Application
- CARES Act Statement from SBA Administrator Jovita Carranza (Click here)
- The SBA currently has two major loan programs in response to COVID-19. A business can apply for both the Economic Injury Disaster Loan program and Paycheck Protection Program IF there are different use of proceeds for each program. Funds from these loans cannot be comingled. Read the Georgia Chamber overview here: SBA Emergency Loans.
See how much of your business's PPP loan will be forgiven. The team at Coast with the help of the Austin Chamber, Boulder Chamber, Tahoe Chamber, Berkeley Chamber, and the Beverley Hills Chamber created a PPP loan forgiveness calculator to easily calculate how much of the PPP loan will be forgiven.
- Apply for the COVID-19 Economic Injury Disaster Loan here.
- SBA Disaster Loan Assistance Application: Please click here.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources Health and government officials are working together to maintain the safety, security, and health of the American people. Small businesses are encouraged to do their part to keep their employees, customers, and themselves healthy.
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- World Health Organization (WHO):
- Key planning recommendations for Mass Gatherings in the context of the current COVID-19 outbreak Health and government officials are working together to maintain the safety, security, and health of the American people. Small businesses are encouraged to do their part to keep their employees, customers, and themselves healthy.
- US Department of Labor (DOL):
- Georgia Department of Labor (GDOL):
- Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD):
- COVID-19: Client Screening and Work Flow Examples (Click here)
- During a Pandemic: Limit the Spread of Germs and Prevent Infection
- Georgia Department of Health What to do if you think you are sick
- Sign Up for CDC.gov Email Updates
- Governor's Office Press Release Page: https://gov.georgia.gov/press-releases
- ICIC Small Business Resource Center for COVID-19
Relief & Response News Updates:
- Coronavirus Relief Legislation Synopsis: Please click here.
- IRS: "Treasury, IRS and Labor announce plan to implement Coronavirus-related paid leave for workers and tax credits for small and midsize businesses to swiftly recover the cost of providing Coronavirus-related leave"
- IRS: "Filing and Payment Deadline Extended to July 15, 2020 - Updated Statement"
- IRS: Extended Filing and Payment Deadline News Release
- Gov. Kemp Calls on Georgia Businesses to Aid with Critical Health Care Needs (for more info, please contact email@example.com)
- USDA: USDA Implements Immediate Measures to Help Rural Residents, Businesses and Communities Affected by COVID-19
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce: U.S. Chamber Foundation Launches Fund to Support the Small Business Community (NEW!)
Fayette County Municipalities:
- Fayette County offices are closed to the public until April 30, 2020 - in an abundance of caution concerning COVID-19 (coronavirus). Fayette County staff will continue to report to work and conduct business as usual to ensure county services remain operational. This public closure is designed to limit social contact. While closed Fayette County will continue to limit social interaction among departments and other facilities. We ask our residents to contact us via phone, e-mail, or our website to keep exposure to a minimum. Contact information for staff is available on the website, https://fayettecountyga.gov/ when you navigate to the desired department on the left of the website.
- City of Fayetteville: Click here for updates
- City of Peachtree City: Click here for updates
- Town of Tyrone: Click here for updates
- Town of Woolsey: Click here to view the Town ow Woolsey website
- Town of Brooks: Click here for updates
Resources for Working Remotely:
- Set up a Temporary Work from Home Office
- GA Commute Options: Quick Start Telework Guide
- What's Next ATL: How to Telework While Social Distancing Podcast
- GA Dept. of Community Affairs - WiFi options around the state.
Upcoming Training Opportunities:
- April 28 @ 5:30 PM - StartUp Fayette: Creating Audio Content
- April 28 @ 1 PM - Marketing Advice for Combating an Economic Downturn - SCORE
- April 29 @ 10 AM - Small Business Loan Resources
- May 1 @ 11 AM - Digital Strategies for COVID-19
- May 4 @ 11 AM - Mindful Monday with Connie Durham (Chamber Member!)
- May 11 @ 11 AM - Mindful Monday with Debra White (Chamber Member!)
- Recording - Film Fayette: List your Property as a Film Location
- Recording - Real Time Data to Support Local Businesses
- Recording - U.S. Chamber of Commerce: The Federal CARES Act
- Recording - Fayette Chamber Pancakes & Policy Call with State Attorney General Chris Carr
- Recording - Mindful Monday: How to Prepare for the Post-Virus World - Fayette Chamber/Jeff Bartholomew (Chamber Member!)
- Recording - Mindful Monday: Maximizing Your Marketing Dollar$ - Fayette Chamber/Monte Raynor (Chamber Member!)
Please visit the Chamber's Digital Content Archive for professional development and business growth resources.