The Fayette Chamber of Commerce advocates for businesses primarily at the local level and, as needed, at the state and federal level.
2020 Legislative Agenda
- We support continuation of the tax credit program for film and television production.
- We support continued strategic investment of state funding into Georgia’s transportation network to promote economic development and greater quality of life.
- We support legislation to exempt military retirement pay from state income taxation.
- We encourage our legislative delegation to secure funding for a permanent campus for Clayton State University and Southern Crescent Technical College.
- We support efforts to ensure Georgia continues to foster an educational and vocational ecosystem focused on developing, retaining, and attracting a more globally competitive workforce.
- We support prioritization of consistent and adequate funding for Dual Enrollment, so Fayette students can fully engage in post-secondary opportunities and training.