Small Business Resources
Fayette County is proud to be recognized as an Entrepreneur Friendly Community by the State of Georgia.
There are abundant resources here to help entrepreneurs and business owners establish a good foundation for the business to start, grow and succeed.
Starting a Business
- Georgia Secretary of State: First Stop Business Information Center
- Georgia Small Business Directory and Resource Guide
- Small Business Development Center / SBDC - Clayton State University
SBDC's provide aspiring and current small business owners a variety of free business consulting and low-cost training services.
- SBA’s Small Business Training Network
- SCORE (Service Corps of Retired Executives)
SCORE counselors provide free and confidential business mentoring to start-up and existing small businesses.
Resources for Business
- Fayette County Development Authority
Info on Fayette County labor market, demographics, major employers and existing industry, incentives, infrastructure
- Quickfacts from US Census
Fayette County and Georgia population and business statistics
- Georgia Department of Labor
Find occupational trends, wage information, industry data
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
Labor economics info including inflation, spending, consumer price index, productivity, wages
Additional links to other sources of demographics and statistics